The list below highlights the Executive leadership of the opposition MDC- T led by Dr Thokozani Khupe that was endorsed by the 2018 Extraordinary Congress in Bulawayo.
The daughter of former MDC Secretary-General Douglas Mwonzora was endorsed as the party’s youth Secretary. Isabel Mwonzora’s political affiliations are being scrutinised when her father has openly supported Khupe following the Supreme Court ruling on the power wrangle case in the MDC.
Khupe was embroiled in a power battle with Nelson Chamisa since 2018 and some have been accusing Mwonzora, who remained under Chamisa’s leadership, of supporting Chamisa’s nemesis.
The Supreme Court ruled that Khupe was the party’s legitimate leader. Below is the MDC-T’s leadership that emerged from the 2018 Congress.
- President: Thokozani Khupe
- Vice President: Obert Gutu
- Chairperson: Abednico Bhebhe
- Secretary-General: Nixon Nyikadzino
- Deputy: Samukele Hadebe
- Treasurer General: Chief Ndlovu
- Organising secretary: Yvonne Musarurwa
- Deputy Organiser: Alfred Ncube
- Spokesperson: Linda Masarira
- Deputy Spokesperson: Khaliphani Phugeni
- Women Chair: Dorothy Bhebhe
- Secretary: Lynette Mudewe
- Youth Chair: Fungai Masaiti
- Secretary: Isabel Mwonzora
Source – Pindula News