A BUSINESSMAN in Chitungwiza has lost more than US$50,000 cash which he was keeping in his house in Zengeza 4 when fire razed down the house this afternoon.
Nearly all household property worth over US$30,000 was also reduced to ashes in the inferno.
The cause of the fire could not be immediately ascertained. However, State-owned media quoted the businessman Mr Petros Paurai saying his neighbours who witnessed the fire outbreak told him that a gas tank exploded in the kitchen.
The fire which has since been put out occurred around midday and took down the whole metal roof of the seven-roomed house.
Mr. Paurai’s house is located near the area popularly known as Pagomba in Zengeza 4.
More details to follow… –