Home World South Africa News Stranger Poisons Kids Out Playing

Stranger Poisons Kids Out Playing

Two Kids Poisoned

SO far five families in Orange Farm, south of Joburg, have lost their kids after they were allegedly fed poison by a stranger.

Just when residents thought this nightmare was over, two more families have found themselves going through the same heartache.

Nkosinathi Masoka (8) and Sibongiseni Khiva (7) died on Friday, 2 April. The gogos say residents told them they saw a man give them liquid from a bottle.


MMC Margaret Arnolds (right) visited Nkosinathi’s gogos Moipone Tsotetsi and Puleng Tshabalala. Photo by Morapedi Mashashe


“Minutes later, he started to complain about being sick.”

Kiki’s Body Parts Found In Bags, ‘Killer’ Boyfriend Walks Free

According to Malefu, Nkosinathi changed colour and became weak.

“His tongue turned purple, his feet turned white and his body was ice cold,” she said.

The family rushed Nkosinathi to a clinic, but he didn’t make it.

Gogo Buyiswa Nompalweni (60) said Sibongiseni asked for food and to take a bath when he returned home from playing.

Nkosinathi Masoka

Sibongiseni Khiva


“I poured water for his bath after he ate, but moments later he started to feel weak,” she said.

“I took him out of the bath tub and laid him on the bed.

“When I realised he wasn’t breathing properly, I took him to the neighbour’s house to look for help.”

Tariro’s body found in river… Killer confesses on death bed

Gogo Buyiswa called Sibongiseni’s dad, who rushed him to the clinic where they found Nkosinathi’s family.

“We were shocked when we found our neighbour outside the clinic. They told us their child had the same condition,” she said.

City of Joburg MMC for community development, Margaret Arnolds, visited the families. She said the city would help them with funeral arrangements.

She said: “This is the fifth time I come to Orange Farm for a similar incident. At the funeral of the other two victims we said we wanted action and didn’t want these killings to continue, but we allowed it to happen again.”

Captain Kay Makhubele said they’re investigating.-Daily Sun