A couple from Nkululekweni township in Komani who allegedly forced their neighbours’ child to consume his own waste is set to appear in the Queenstown magistrate’s court on Wednesday, said Eastern Cape police.
The two accused will face charges of child abuse and assault.
“According to the information, a 12-year-old boy was playing with his friend on Saturday afternoon when he allegedly relieved himself in front of the gate of the suspects’ house,” said police spokesperson Brig Tembinkosi Kinana.
“The report further suggests that while he was busily relieving himself, the couple came out and assaulted the child and forced him to eat his own waste,” Kinana said.
Community members, TimesLive reports, alerted police to the incident on Sunday and the couple, aged 30 and 39, were arrested.
Read Other News:
Social media users have reacted to a report of a Pretoria woman who allegedly gave birth to 10 children, offering to throw a “national baby shower”.
The Pretoria News reported on Tuesday that Gosiame Thamara Sithole gave birth to the children at an unnamed Pretoria hospital, breaking a world record.
The publication claimed it interviewed the couple at their Tembisa home last month, but delayed publishing the interview “at the request of the couple for safety and cultural reasons”.
“It is seven boys and three girls. She was seven months and seven days pregnant. I am happy. I am emotional. I can’t talk much. Let’s talk again in the morning please,” the woman’s husband, Teboho Tsotetsi, was quoted as saying.
However, the director-general of government communications Phumla Williams said government could not verify the report
“The posts attribute the birth of the babies to Gosiame Thamara Sithole from Gauteng. Government has been unable to verify the authenticity of this birth at our facilities. We need to verify this story and provide assistance where needed,” said Williams. Read More>>>