Home Local Seven Men Accused Of Murdering Zimbabwean Elvis Nyathi In Diepsloot Back...

Seven Men Accused Of Murdering Zimbabwean Elvis Nyathi In Diepsloot Back In Court

The seven men accused of murdering Elvis Nyathi, a Zimbabwean national and Diesploot resident are expected back in the Randburg Magistrates Court, in Johannesburg, on Monday morning.

They face charges of murder, attempted murder, kidnapping, robbery, and assault with intent to do grievous bodily harm.

The group appeared in court last week where the matter was postponed to Monday.

The seven accused are expected to apply for bail this morning when they return to the dock.

On Friday, accused number three delayed court proceedings as he requested time to get legal representation from legal aid.

His lawyer told the court that she would be recusing herself, citing a lack of communication with her client.

The men were arrested for the murder of Nyathi during the violent protests in Diepsloot earlier this month.

Migrants were allegedly being accused of committing crimes in the area.

— EWN

Loading...
Previous articleZIMDOLLAR ON THE BRINK OF REJECTION, SAYS CZI
Next articleSAD NEWS:Hurungwe farmer Falls Off Truck Ferrying Tobbaci Bales ,Dies!