On Saturday night, a gas explosion left five persons in Brockdale, Bindura, with burns.
At least one gas plate apparently developed a defect during the celebration, and residents say that this led to an explosion at House No. 918.

At Bindura Provincial Hospital, four of the patients were treated and released, while one was held for further care.

Mutendi’s son Inlaw goes berserk, torches relatives’ houses

Mr. Maxwell Mupotsa, spokesman for the Environmental Management Agency in Mashonaland Central province, has verified the event.

Due care should be taken while handling liquid petroleum gas, he said, and gas tanks should be checked routinely by qualified technicians.

Yesterday, officials from the provincial police indicated they had not received such information, but today they said they will provide an update. The Herald/ZBC News

Back to top button