The Harvard Academy Scholars Program of Harvard University is open to all recent PhD recipients and doctoral candidates in the social sciences. The academy scholars stand a chance of full sponsorship and an annual stipend of $75,000 including other benefits.
The Academy Scholars Program identifies and supports outstanding scholars at the start of their careers whose work combines disciplinary excellence in the social sciences with a command of the language and history or culture of countries or regions outside of the United States or Canada.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Harvard University/Academy
Scholarship Type: Postgraduate Fellowships
Host Institution(s): Harvard University
Scholarship Worth: Up to $75,000 annual stipend + other benefits
Study Level: PhD and Postdocs
Number of Awards: 4 to 6 per year
Nationality: Any nationality
You May Like: Study In US For Free (Tuition-Free Education)
Harvard Academy Scholars Program 2023 | Eligibility Criteria
- These awards are open to recipients of PhD or comparable doctoral degrees (within two years of the August 1, 2024, start date) and advanced doctoral candidates in the social sciences.
- Scholars nearing dissertation completion must be able to submit degree conferral documentation issued by their university registrar’s office by June 30, 2024, for an August 1, 2024, start date.
- Individuals who hold or have completed another Harvard postdoctoral fellowship are not eligible to apply.
- Postdoctoral Academy Scholars will receive an annual stipend of $75,000.
- The stipend is supplemented by funding for conference and research travel, research assistants, and health insurance coverage.
- How to Apply: All parts of the application, including the three letters of recommendation, are submitted online as pdf documents. Access the online application through the homepage of The Harvard Academy’s website by clicking on the APPLY ONLINE button.
- All application materials need to be submitted by the deadline of September 22. late applications will not be accepted.
- The completed application will include:
- Cover letter which succinctly states the applicant’s academic field, country or region of specialization, and proposed research topic
- Curriculum vitae (CV) or resumé; including list of publications
- Research proposal (2500 word maximum); including intellectual objectives and planned methodological and disciplinary work
- A copy of your PhD program transcript
- Three letters of recommendation (uploaded through the online application)
Letters should be addressed to the “Selection Committee.” Letters of recommendation need to be uploaded by the deadline.
Application Deadline: September 22, 2023