South African radio and television presenter and show host Sizwe Dhlomo believes that Burna Boy’s flopped FNB concert was a result of a bad economy that led to low ticket sales.
Sharing his thoughts on X, he said that people should attribute the lack of money among many South Africans who now cannot afford to purchase Burna Boy’s tickets.
Dhlomo was responding to a post that suggested that people hate Burna Boy who sold a mere 1500 tickets out of an anticipated 90,000-seater FNB stadium.
“The economy is also bad guys,” Sizwe Dlomo said.
The concert, which was due to take place on September 23, 2023, will take place on December 16, 2023, the organizers Ticketpro announced.
“This decision was not made lightly by the promoter and comes as a result of careful consideration and assessment of various factors, including the lack of ticket sales,” read part of the statement.
The promoter apologized to Burna Boy fans who had already purchased tickets for the show.
“All previously purchased tickets remain valid for December 16, 2023. For fans who are unable to attend on this date we have set up a dedicated customer support channel,” it stated.
The music-promoting firm assured fans that it remained committed to making the rescheduled Burna Boy concert an exceptional experience for all.
According to reports, Burna Boy fired the sound team leading to cancellation of the event because there were problems with sound at the last minute.
“They had a problem with the company that offers them sound which is the biggest sound company in Africa. Burna Boy fired them on Monday night and they had to replace them with another company from North West which does not have the required capacity to do the show,” a source revealed.
The internationally popular artist was the headline act at last year’s DStv Delicious event, where many of his fans supported him.