The University Of California Berkeley Scholarship For African Students aims to encourage enrollment of students from Africa seeking advanced legal education.
Due to the extremely limited funds, the African Legal Impact Scholarship can only be provided to two outstanding applicants each year.
Table of Contents
Scholarship awards are based on:
- Citizenship or primary residence in Africa
- Academic merit
- A Statement of Intention describing what the scholarship recipient plans on accomplishing in Africa after graduating from the LL.M. executive track.
- Recipients must maintain a minimum grade standard of ‘P’ (pass) or higher in all classes during the first semester in order to maintain scholarship eligibility during the second semester, and students who begin the program in spring must also maintain the minimum grade standard during the second semester to maintain scholarship eligibility during the third semester.
- Students must be admitted to the LL.M. executive track program before they can apply for this scholarship. Scholarship application instructions will be provided to eligible admitted students.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- This is a full-tuition waiver. Recipients will be responsible for paying only the $1,000 seat deposit, plus travel and living expenses and duration is 1 year.
To apply, indidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- Transcripts and letters of recommendation should be sent to LSAC well in advance in order to allow time for processing.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants should use the application button below to complete the application processes.