Application portal is now open for the Obama Foundation Scholars Program 2024-2025, fully funded to study in USA. The program which is an initiative of the University of Columbia through Columbia World Projects targeting young and energetic people across the globe who can take up the challenge of studying at Columbia University and in return contribute to the development of their communities.
- Scholarship Sponsor(s): Obama Foundation
- Scholarships to be taken at: University of Columbia, New York City.
- Scholarship Type: Full funding.
- Scholarship Worth: See Scholarship Benefits (below)
- Slots: Several Scholarships available.
- Study Level: All Courses.
- Nationality: Students worldwide.
Obama Foundation Scholars Program 2024-2025| DETAILS
The Obama Foundation Scholars Program brings together rising leaders from around the world who have demonstrated a commitment to finding solutions to challenges in their communities, countries and regions. Over an academic year, the Obama Foundation Scholars will have the opportunity to deepen their knowledge and skills and to build new capacities and networks that will accelerate their impact in their home countries.
The Obama Foundation Scholars Program at Columbia University seeks rising leaders from around the world who meet the following criteria:
- Have a proven commitment to service and leadership within a community, region or country outside the United States, coupled with a demonstrated commitment to return to these communities following their completion of the program and apply their enhanced training, skills and connections on a long-term basis for the benefit of these communities
- Are emerging leaders who have made meaningful contributions to their field and are now at a “tipping point” in their careers
- Have the ability and inclination to positively shape the future of their community
- Have a demonstrated commitment to humility, integrity, inclusivity, stewardship, fearlessness, imagination and teamwork
- Are fluent in English (verbal, written and spoken)
The Obama Foundation Scholars Program comes with the following benefits for the scholars:
- Monthly stipend to assist with living expenses in New York City.
- A furnished studio apartment within walking distance of Columbia University
- All tuition and fees for up to four courses at Columbia University
- Basic medical, dental and life insurance for the duration of the program in New York City
- Air travel to and from home country and any program-related activities
- Study and Work Opportunities in USA: Top Universities and Scholarships without IELTS
- University of California Berkeley Scholarship for African Students: Study in the USA
How-to-Apply: To apply for the Obama Foundation Scholars Program 2024-2025, applicants are to: complete the online application form and submit the following materials:
- Resume/curriculum vitae: The resume/curriculum vitae should be a chronological listing of your employment and academic history, and other significant activities, including any awards, publications, or other achievements․
- Personal video statement: The personal video statement should be a short video (no longer than five minutes in length) introducing the applicant and their work to the selection committee. Applicants will upload their video statement to a video hosting service, like YouTube or Vimeo, and will include a link to their video in the online application. Additional information on the requirements for the personal video statement can be found in the online application.
- Responses to short essay questions: The short essay questions help the selection committee understand the applicant’s work, their motivation and how the program fits into their career trajectory. Applicants will submit their essay questions in the online application.
Application Deadline: December 12, 2023 at 5PM ET.