In a shocking turn of events, Jameson High School in Kadoma was struck by a mysterious incident that left 53 individuals, including students and staff members, collapsed.
According to ZBC, the affected individuals consist of 49 students, a science teacher, and kitchen staff members.
The incident occurred on Thursday afternoon, sending waves of concern throughout the community.
Read Also: Woman connives with boyfriend to kill baby
According to Mashonaland West Provincial Medical Director Dr. Celestino Dhege, a gas leak is suspected to have caused this unfortunate incident.
Dr. Dhege reassured the public that those affected are currently being monitored in the hospital and are in stable condition.
While the incident at Jameson High School has left the community shaken, it is a relief to know that the affected individuals are now in stable condition and receiving medical attention.
The school authorities, medical professionals, and relevant authorities are working tirelessly to investigate the cause of the incident and ensure the safety of the students and staff at Jameson High School.
Gas leaks can be dangerous and require immediate action to ensure safety. Here are some of the steps to follow if you smell gas or suspect a gas leak:
- Evacuate the area: If you smell gas or suspect a leak, the first priority is to evacuate the premises. Ensure that everyone leaves the area quickly and safely.
- Open doors and windows: Once outside, open doors and windows to ventilate the area. This helps to disperse the gas and reduce the risk of ignition.
- Switch off fuel-burning appliances: If it is safe to do so, turn off any fuel-burning appliances, such as stoves or boilers. This helps to prevent further gas buildup.
- Do not use electrical switches: Avoid using any electrical switches or appliances, as they could create a spark that could ignite the gas.