African Union Kwame Nkrumah Scientific Awards: This scholarship is available to Zimbabwean students who are pursuing a degree in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM). The award is named after the first president of Ghana, Kwame Nkrumah, and is sponsored by the African Union. It provides financial assistance to students who demonstrate academic excellence and a commitment to research in their chosen field. The award includes a cash prize of up to US$10,000 and a certificate of recognition.
• Must be a Zimbabwean citizen
• Must be enrolled in a STEM degree program at an accredited university in Zimbabwe
• Must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher
• Must demonstrate financial need
• Must demonstrate leadership potential and commitment to community service
• Submit an online application form, including a personal statement, CV, and two letters of recommendation.
• Submit official transcripts from all universities attended.
• Submit proof of financial need.
• Submit a copy of your passport or national ID card.
• Submit a copy of your birth certificate.
• Submit a copy of your academic records from the last two years.
• Submit a copy of your most recent test scores (if applicable).
• Submit any additional documents requested by the selection committee.
Zimbabwe is promoting the uptake of Science subjects at A-level through the STEM Kwame Nkrumah Scientific Awards . Makomborero has built and fully equipped a Mobile Science Lab (Biology) as our pilot project. Converting a 20 foot container. The Mobile Lab is now running at our Resource Centre, while we gain experience. This is giving students the opportunity to put their theoretical knowledge into practice through carefully chosen experiments. We need to raise money for the running costs.