A man has been arrested in the United States on suspicion of murdering Migos rapper Takeoff earlier this month.
Takeoff, born Kirshnik Khari Ball (28), was fatally shot in the early hours of November 1st at a Houston club during an alleged dice game.
When an altercation erupted at the 810 Billiards & Bowling Houston, Takeoff and Quavo were playing dice. Someone then opened fire, striking Takeoff in the head or close to it.
Takeoff, according to police, was not involved in the argument and did not have a gun. He was an innocent bystander who was shot at.
Houston Police Department chief Troy Finner told the media on Friday that they had arrested 33-year-old Patrick Xavier Clark and charged him with killing Takeoff. He said:
“We stood here a month ago and made a promise that we would get the individual or individuals that’s responsible for the murder of Takeoff into custody. We lost a good man.”
Read Also: ZIMBA KILLS HUBBY IN SA, GOES ON THE RUN
TMZ reported that prosecutors said Patrick Xavier Clark applied for an emergency passport after Takeoff’s murder and booked a flight to Mexico.
They went on to say that he had received the passport and had a large sum of money on him. Prosecutors want Clark’s bail set at $1,000,000 USD.
They also want the judge to prevent Clark from communicating with Takeoff’s family, J. Prince Jr. and his family, Shakur Stevenson, and anyone from Shakur’s “place of employment” if he is released on bail.
Takeoff was shot and killed at the age of 28. He was murdered just days after the release of his new album, Only Built For Infinity Links, with Quavo, who was present at the time.
When Takeoff was shot, there were about 30 people outside the bowling alley, and almost everyone fled without making a statement, Houston PD chief Finner said.
The police department relied on video evidence, forensic analysis, and scene reconstructions to conclude that suspect Clark was the shooter in the case. Police appealed to witnesses to come forward and speak.