Local News

Mum Goes For A Bath, Returns To Find 9-Month-Old Baby Burnt To Death

An unfortunate event that occurred in Zvishavane resulted in the terrible death of a 9-month-old infant when a makeshift home was destroyed by fire.

Two more people were hurt if took place on August 15, 2023, at about 1 PM in the Mandava area.

According to Midlands Police Spokesperson, Inspector Emmanuel Mahoko, the mother of the deceased baby had briefly left the house to take a bath, leaving her 3-year-old son playing and the infant asleep

Read Also: Another Evil Act: Woman kills baby by force feeding him with broken glass

It was during this time that a neighbour alerted her to the fire. Inspector Mahoko stated,

“The deceased’s mother went to take a bath leaving her 3-year-old son playing and the 9-month-old infant sleeping. Suddenly, the woman was informed by a neighbour that her house was on fire.”

With the assistance of her neighbours, the mother was able to put out the fire, but regrettably, the infant had already passed away from burn injuries.

Authorities are presently looking into what started the fire that resulted in this tragic loss. There is still some uncertainty over exactly what happened and the causes of the incident that occurred.

To gather information and determine the origin of the occurrence, fire investigators will thoroughly examine the site.

This tragic tragedy emphasises the significance of being aware of fire safety procedures and taking them to avoid similar disasters.

It serves as a reminder for individuals to ensure the presence of functioning smoke detectors, fire extinguishers, and an evacuation plan in their homes. Additionally, it is crucial to exercise caution when using open flames or flammable materials, especially in makeshift structures.

Back to top button