The Zimbabwe School Examinations Council (ZIMSEC) has released the 2022 O Level results and here is a step by step guide to view them online.
The results for the 2022 Ordinary Level exams were announced on Friday. Last year, the same results were released in April 2022.
According to ZIMSEC,
“A total of 278 760 candidates sat for November 2022 O Level Exams. 183 584 wrote 5 or more subjects, and 53 169 passed 5 or more subjects. The overall pass rate is 28.96% compared to 26.34% in 2021. Increase of 2.62% in the pass rate.”
The examinations body said candidates who took their O Level exams in 2022 can collect their results from their individual schools and centres.
However, Candidates can also get their results online from the Zimsec Results Portal, which will be accessible on the Zimsec website from 1500 hours on Friday, 3rd February 2023, without having to travel to their physical centres.
Please keep in mind that the results for the 2022 Zimsec Ordinary Level exams will only be available through the portal for a short period of time. The time frame before was five days.
Below is the detailed step-by-step guide on how you can view the 2022 ZIMSEC O Level Results online.
Option 1 For Accessing 2022 Zimsec O Level Results
1. Go to the Zimsec Results Portal using the web address
You will get the following page.
2. Select “View Results” and you will be taken to the page shown below
3. Select the region where your school is located, and you will get the page below
4. Click on “Register as a new user.”
5. Fill out the form to create a Zimsec account
To register and create your Zimsec account, you must have your centre number, candidate number, and date of birth.
When inputting your candidate name, start with the surname, then the first name, and finally, if applicable, your second name’s initial.
An error message stating “candidate details not found” may appear if you enter the first name first and the last name second.
You will also need to create a username and password for your account. Please remember these.
Once you have finished filling out all the information, click “Register.”
6. After you have registered and created your new account, you will be redirected to the home page. Here you will need to enter the username and password you would have created.
After you have entered your username and password, click “Log In.”
7. After you enter the username and password, the Zimsec results portal will be opened, and you will get a page that looks like the one below.
Click on “Candidate Results” at the top, and the results will be displayed.