South African News

Two school girls die from rat poison {video}

Two girls have died after ingesting black rat poison at Tsakane Secondary School in Tembisa, South Africa, on Tuesday afternoon. Two other girls are in hospital in a critical condition.

The girls, who have not been named, were found unconscious in the school bathroom. They were rushed to hospital, but could not be saved.

The motive for the poisoning is not yet known, but police are investigating.

“We are still investigating the circumstances surrounding the incident,” said police spokesperson Captain Kay Makhubele. “We cannot rule out foul play, but we are also looking at the possibility that it was an accident.”

Read Also: Maid Jailed For Lacing Employer’s Food With Rat Poison

The school principal, Mr. Nkosi, said that the girls were all in the same class. He said that they were “bright and promising students” and that their deaths were a “huge loss” to the school community.

“We are deeply saddened by this tragedy,” said Mr. Nkosi. “Our thoughts and prayers are with the families of the girls.”

The poisoning has shocked the community of Tembisa. Many people are calling for a thorough investigation to be carried out.

“This is a very sad day for our community,” said resident Ms. Ndlovu. “We need to find out what happened and make sure that this never happens again.”

The police have appealed to anyone with information about the incident to come forward

Related Articles

Back to top button